Git for you and me
- DrupalCorn 2015 in Cedar Falls, IA
View slides for this talk.
Git is a way to document changes to code or text (or code and text). It also makes it easy to explain the changes and possible to back out of them.
Git can be used by solo developers or teams. It can be used to track a code project, or a novel. We will talk about:
- The goals of version control
- Setting up your git preferences (per repository, or global)
- Creating a repository (or removing a respository from a directory)
- The three sidekicks: status, log, and diff
- Backing out of things
- Methods of merging work
- Resources for learning git